The GTX 1660 (6GB GDDR5) is a puffed up version of the GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5.
- In real dollars, the GTX 1060 3GB is worth about $130
- The GTX 1060 6GB is worth about $160
- The puffed up GTX 1660 may be worth $180
- The GDDR6 GTX 1660 (Super) is actually worth its $229 MSRP.
- The GDDR6 GTX 1660 Ti was very overpriced at its $279 MSRP, but would be a reasonable product at $249.
- The RTX 2060 when it was selling for $299 was fairly priced
- The RTX 2060 Super with near RTX 2070 performance was marginal at $399 but probably still worth at least $349 and arguably $375.
RIGHT NOW, the GTX 1660 is going for $440 on ebay. You can get a GDDR5 6GB GTX 1060 RIGHT NOW for $275 that will give you 90% of the performance.
Neither card is really suitable for 1440p gaming, so what would be the point of throwing away over $400 on a lame 1660?
But then you could extend that logic to the 1660 Super. I see one of those listed for $520. It could be considered a 1440p gaming card, but just barely.
It’s a tough call. One of those games where the only way to win is to not play.